Woah. Did you just read that title and salivate a little? We certainly did. Ice cream laced with luscious dulce de leche and roasted almonds that requires no fancy equipment and only 5 ingredients!
PHOTOGRAPHY: DAN ROBB/ PROP STYLING: JANE HARDIN
Requires an 8 x 5" loaf pan or 1L plastic container
1 (437ml) pint whipping cream
1 (300ml) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (300ml) can . dulce de leche
1/2 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
1. In a large bowl, whisk the cream with electric beaters until a stiff peak has formed, about 6-8 minutes.
2. In a separate bow, whisk the condensed milk and half of the dulce de leche until well combined.
3. Slowly add the condensed milk mixture to the whipped cream, whisking until no streak remain, the mixture will deflate slightly.
4. Gently stir through most of the chopped almonds, reserving a few for garnish.
5. Tip the mixture into the loaf pan. Drizzle the remaining dulce de leche over mixture. Using the sharp end of a knife, swirl the caramel through. Sprinkle remaining almonds over the ice cream. Cover directly with cling film and freeze at least 24 hours. Allow to defrost for 10 minutes before serving.